At Lionel University, we understand that money matters when it comes to pursuing a degree in Exercise Science. That's why our Financial Aid team is ready and willing to help you explore your options for financing this important step of your educational journey. From answering questions about available funding sources, to offering helpful advice during the process - let us be by your side as you make this investment!


Federal Student Aid (FSA) consists of grant and loan programs provided through the US Department of Education that are designed
to help students and their families cover the costs of higher education. FSA can be used to offset tuition costs for the Lionel Master
Trainer certificate program as well as the Associate, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degree programs.


In order to use Federal Student Aid (FSA) funds to attend Lionel
University you will need to meet the following criteria:

  • Have a high school diploma, GED or state-recognized equivalent
  • Be a US Citizen (including US Territories) or eligible resident non-citizen Have a valid Social Security number
  • Have registered with the Selective Service between ages 18 and 25 (if male) Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  • Be enrolled in an eligible program (AS in Exercise Science, BS in Exercise Science MS in Exercise Science, or Master Trainer certificate)



Degree programs are structured so that you earn valuable personal training
Step one: Complete and submit the FAFSA form
All students seeking federal financial aid need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon as possible after October 1.
1 on 1 Support
Step Two: Complete your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory
Students who receive a Federal Direct loan for the first time are required to complete these online forms before they’re eligible to receive payment. This process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and can be accessed 24 hours a day.
Specialist In Group Fitness-2
Step 3: Talk to an enrollment representative.
Questions? We’ve done everything we can to simplify the financial aid process. If you have questions, please Contact us.

Download our financial aid guide to learn more about benefits and scholarships.

Our Financial Aid Guide will answer your questions about what types of assistance are accepted by Lionel University.

Download our financial aid guide

Are you excited to take your next step to greatness and pursue your education but worried about tuition?

We’re here to help! There are several financial aid and scholarship options available to those who qualify.

Frequently Asked Questions

What types of military benefits do you accept?

Please visit our military benefits page to see a detailed breakdown by military branch.

Which Lionel programs are eligible for financial aid?

The following are eligible programs:

  • Master's Degree In Exercise Science
  • Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
  • Associate of Science in Exercise Science with an Emphasis in Personal Training
  • Master Trainer certificate program

The individual certificates that make up the Master Trainer and self-paced coursework (also called correspondence courses) do not meet the eligibility criteria for FSA funds.

Be sure to check on requirements for all funding sources you intend to use. Eligibility will vary for active-duty military, veterans, and other beneficiaries.

What is your Federal School Code?

Our Federal School Code is 042434. Note that our Federal School Code is listed under Lionel University in the Department of Education database.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). 

The FAFSA takes about 30 minutes to complete. To determine which funds you are eligible for, you will be asked to enter information about your income and taxes paid, so please have your most recent tax returns on hand to help you complete it. Check out this video for more detailed guidance.

Enter our Federal School Code to send the results of the FAFSA to Lionel University: 042434. You will also need to complete the FAFSA for the correct Award Year in order to receive funds for the terms you are attending. 

What financial awards can I expect?

Lionel University participates in two Federal Student Aid (FSA) programs: Pell Grants and Direct Loans. This video may be a helpful introduction to both.

This video covers some things you want to consider before deciding to borrow a Direct Loan.

To put students in the best position to succeed after graduation, you are highly encouraged to borrow only the amount necessary to complete your educational program.

Do I need to pay for textbooks?

No! A digital version of the textbook is embedded in each course at no additional cost. Unrestricted access is available seven days prior to the start of class and throughout the quarter. 

How do I transfer my prior college credits?

Lionel University completes transfer credit evaluations free of charge. Once you complete your application, simply request that your past schools send your official transcripts to The application will provide information on what to request and where to have it sent, and an assigned Admissions Advisor will be standing by to assist you with any questions you have along the way.

What is Lionel University's most recent three-year cohort default rate?

Lionel University cohort default rate for FY 2018 is 0%, FY 2017 is 14.2%, FY 2016 18.1%. 
A cohort default rate is the percentage of a school's borrowers who enter repayment on certain Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program or William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) Program loans during a particular federal fiscal year (FY), October 1st to September 30th, and default or meet other specified conditions prior to the end of the second following fiscal year.